WildlifePhotos

Wildlife: Mockingbird Visits our Garden

The Mockingbird was enjoying our new fence in the garden. We have many of them in our area. And one can hear them too! They love to sound their presence as they fly and glide about the garden. Often they are on the ground foraging.

I like to imitate their call by curling my hand into a fist and "kissing" the side of it where the thumb is. I used to teach my students in science class about them and how to make the sound. Why don't you try it? And if and when you see a "Mockie" send him a sound. You will definitely get his attention.

By Bob35

What a wonderful photo and description! It reminds me of Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird.

Honestly, before this, I'd never even seen a photo of a mockingbird. Thanks for sharing and God bless! :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Mockingbirds are nice but a pest. They run all my other birds away from the feeders.
I stand at the sliding glass door and when it sees me it flies away. Sorry I just don't like them.

Reply Like this photo? Yes