SoupsRecipes

Moroccan Vegetable and Bean Soup

You don't need a leg of lamb or pieces of chicken to pull out the flavours of Morocco in a dish. This vegan friendly soup is filled with delicious and heart-healthy chunks of veggies and beans. You can use any types you want, but my soup's stars were cauliflower and lima beans, which are full of protein, fiber and vitamins!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

1. Add a bit of oil to a large pot over medium heat and cook onions and carrots, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
  2. Add zucchini and cauliflower to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper to the pot.
  4. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute, making sure spices cover all the veggies.
  5. Mix in broth, water, tomatoes, and parsley. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
  6. Add the drained lima beans to the pot and cook another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, if necessary. Serve in bowls with a hefty squeeze of lemon juice.

This looks really yummy. I love lima beans too, so this will be a new way to prepare them with all the other wonderful veggies. Thank you. :)

You are so welcome. You know, I never liked lima beans until a couple years ago. I think I just swore them off as a kid. So many years wasted! ;)

I'll try this, soon, and I have some dried lima beans to cook, so I'll sub those for canned. Looks yummy!

Yay!!! Don't forget to add cooking time for the dried ones! Enjoy!

I'm pinning this for work lunches! I make stock most weeks so I'm happy to have something new to use it in.

Excellent! I make stock weekly, too, and always want something new to use it in :) Enjoy!

Toosa - this was so easy and turned out delicious - Used slow cooker - just added whatever was available but the basic recipe is a winner.

On my "winter" list for sure.