Moth Photos

Category Wildlife
Photo of a beautiful moth.
Although many moths are white or gray, there are also beautiful, colorful varieties of this insect. This page contains moth photos.

This is a guide about Luna moth information and photos. The Luna moth is characterized by its pale green wings, each having a transparent eyespot. The typical habitat for these beautiful moths is deciduous hardwood forests from Nova Scotia to central Florida and into east Texas.

Luna Moth

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about polyphemus moth information and photos. This large moth is found throughout the United States, southern Canada, and down into Mexico.

Polyphemus Moth

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains hummingbird moth photos. On first glance you might mistake this nectar sipping moth for a baby hummingbird, except for the antennae.

Closeup of Hummingbird Moth by a Purple Flower

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

While cleaning a bench on our deck, I discovered a large, puffy cocoon with a beautiful moth hanging onto it. I ran for my camera and scooted under the bench on my back. This photo was snapped after it's wings were fully opened. It was one of those aha moments.

By Betty

Comment Like this photo? 40

Two days ago my family and I were sitting outside on our deck enjoying the wonderful weather we were having. As I was sitting, a pretty moth flew onto my lap. My younger daughter grabbed my camera phone and took a couple pictures of the moth.

By LisaE

Comment Like this photo? 12

My daughter and I love to wander through our local garden centers. The beautiful flowers and tranquil settings are a great stress relief during the week. One day as we were walking through the Walmart garden center, my then 3 year old daughter noticed this butterfly. I just happened to have my camera with me so I took a few photos of this flying beauty. I never thought it would turn out this good. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

By Jen

Garden Center Butterfly

Comment Like this photo? 16

I've never seen this person, before. I think it terribly kind of him to grace my yellow hibiscus with his presence.

tan and brown moth

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This imperial moth appeared on my back porch one morning and perched itself against a wooden post. The markings on this moth are that of a fall leaf with the coloration of dark yellows and browns. It was a fascinating creature to see.

By Jose

Camoflagued moth.

Comment Like this photo? 7

I discovered a 10 cm caterpillar ready to cocoon. I put it into a container and waited, for about four months. First the huge cocoon and then this.

I sat outside for nearly two hours in minus temperatures to get these photos. It was worth every shiver and shake to capture this miracle of nature.

By Linda from Australia

Comment Like this photo? 8

I found this sinister beauty on my front porch bench a few days ago. At first, it was so still that I was afraid it was dead, but when I touched its wing with a piece of paper, it moved. I read on-line that these will make clicking sounds to repel predators, and it might even jump at you.

A moth on a wooden bench arm.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We had a severe drought in South Africa. During the drought, we hardly saw any insects. We also saw many birds in our garden that we don't normally expect to see in the city.

Who Is Watching Whom?

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

A moth posing on my neighbor's marigolds.

A Moth on marigold flowers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

I was just walking to the store and saw this lil guy. He posed beautifully and after a few photos, I wished him well and went my way.

Orange Moth

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1