Move In/Move Out Cleaning Rates

How much should I charge to do a move out clean for a 2 story 2,715 sq. ft. house?

Best Answer

It depends where you live. Find out the weekly rate for a regular cleaning and add $25- $50 more. The kitchens and baths have to be scrubbed extra clean for the new inhabitants.

For move-outs I often see $30/hr. Which I think is reasonable if you're covering the supplies. I would stick with an hourly rate for move-outs because you never know how bad it's going to be. I worked apartment maintenance and I could tell you some true horror stories...

Best Answer

Take a walk through, estimate how many hours you'll need and ensure it won't be more grimy between the time of your inspection and the date they want to hire you. Your hourly rate plus travel time (one way) plus supplies?

Are you taking your own vacuum cleaner? Add an hour for the time it takes you to give an estimate? Ask for half up front with the balance due upon the client's inspection (after you're done).

Best Answer

No simple answer for this one. What do others in the area charge? How dirty is it? Are you providing the cleaning supplies or is the client? You need to earn enough to cover your materials, all costs, your fuel there and back, meals, any extra help you make and then your profit. Your profit will be what you earn after all expenses, so what is your time worth to you? Also remember you will need to recoup advertising costs and you may also have permits and licenses and insurance to buy and taxes to pay.

four grand

$4,000 to clean????

It would depend what kind of business you are. Are you licensed? Freelance?

I would look at advertisements in your area, and be in the ballpoint of competitors.

I would charge a flat rate of $250.