My June Garden

Photo Description
I have been really busy planting since we added a new retaining wall upper tier. This gave us more yard space above and replaced a useless steep slope to the original retaining wall. Here are some photos after the new wall (seen in the background), resulting plantings, and my garden in general. The birds, bees, and I are loving it.

This first photo is of helenium and other plantings next to a granite boulder left over from the original slope down to the short retaining wall. Helenium, a member of the sunflower family. Some varieties used to make snuff, resulting in the familiar name sneezeweed

Beautiful red carnation purchased as a discount plant at Lowe's.

Dianthus, iris, and zinnia.

On top of the new wall are a Japanese green laceleaf maple, primrose, daylilies, a potted madrone and more.

Planter box in new planting area at south end of the upper wall, containing petunias and alyssum.

General flower garden along south property line including daylilies, hot lips, lavender, pink speedwell, bee balm, gaillardia, and viola. Closeup of beebalm, speedwell, and nigellia.

Continuing west are daylilies and purple flowering allium, with lavender to the left.

Mass of crocosmia.

Lavatera or tree mallow.

Volunteer hazelnut, planted by a squirrel in a potted maple.

$1 red geraniums from Lowe's. They always go on sale as the blooms fade. I have never been disappointed or lost one.

Photo Location
My home in the Pacific Northwest.

All very beautiful flowers! Loving your garden and those big rock accents. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Very beautiful!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

very pretty! i love it

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I don't always see that I have received comments. Thanks to you all. The latter part of the summer was spent weeding and trying to set up two new planting areas in the backyard.

The house is older and one fun thing that occurs is finding old vintage bottles and other trash, as I dig. My 5 year grandson and his older brother (some years ago) like to hunt for treasure :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenJuly 1, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻