Flower Photos

Category Garden
There are so many beautiful, large and small blooms that are wonderful, fleeting subjects for the photographer. This page contains flower photos.

This page contains tulip photos. These lovely spring flowering bulbs are available in so many colors and varieties that it is easy to create a beautiful tulip planting in your garden.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains yellow flower photos. Beautiful flowers are a joy anytime of year.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

These very tall Celosia plants were grown from pass-along seeds from our mechanic's wife. I have never seen these in the nurseries. The bees are oblivious to me and my camera as they happily swarm and devour the nectar. They are endlessly entertaining!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

I don't know the name of these flowers in my garden, but they remind me of a flock of white geese.

By Gloria from Western NY

Photo of flowers that look like birds.

Comment Like this photo? 6

This is a picture of my healing flowers. I can totally relax and go to a different place when I am working with my flowers. Going to a different place is important when you have a health issue that provides unwanted pain on a daily basis.

Look for the flower fairies.

By Carrie

Beautiful photo of the White House in Washington DC.

Comment Like this photo? 15

I took this picture at around 7am, before the sun dried the dew off the flower petals.

By mama22 from WV

Dew Drops on Red Flower and Green Leaves

Comment Like this photo? 6

In the eye of the beholder! Did you ever look at the weeds you pull from your garden? Believe it or not this is a close up shot of a tiny weed, (the flower was less than a 1/4".) When looked at closely, it's a beauty! The second one grows up my fence every year. It has 5 different stages of the flower on the one stem. Pretty and unique!

By Deb H. from East Brunswick, NJ

Nightshade.

Comment Like this photo? 4

Photo Description
My 9 year old daughter and I recently had the opportunity to go to a beautiful spot in western Wisconsin, where we had a lot of fun hiking and exploring. My daughter loves to take pictures, and these are 7 of the hundreds of photos she took while we were hiking on trails. She can't decide which is her favorite!

Photo Location
Wisconsin

Comment Like this photo? 2

I love taking pictures of anything in nature. These are flowers that are in my yard. As they bloom, I hurry and take their picture before they disappear for the year. I hope you like them.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

I love the aroma of my tuberoses when I step out onto my patio. tuberoses are used in the making of famous perfumes and it's understandable why.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This is my limelight hydrangea next to my purple garden phlox. I love the contrast.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This flower grows in my grandfather's garden along with his roses. I absolutely love how the red colour merges with the white and forms a nice border. It looks almost like a skirt!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Just walking on a sunny day had to stop for this flower. The color!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

My favorite thing to do is tend to my flowers. It's become hard to do since my back injury. These magenta colored azaleas looked very nice with the pink tulips.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Filters may help to enhance your photo but unfiltered photos are the bearers of real beauty. These flowers may be simple but they are even more than beautiful. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it ain't beautiful.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This photo was taken in the hallway of the Travelers Towers bldg in Southfield, MI

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Purple and white Japanese iris flowers in foreground with wallflower in background.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This is my front flower garden. I planted Russian Sage for the summer flower, then Stone Crop, and Mums. This way the flower garden went through out the whole season.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Planting flowers in mass will make a huge "statement" even in a small area. Here is a favorite petunia window box.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My tulips were spectacular this year, but the background deck railing, porch furniture, and grill were highly distracting when I photographed the flowers.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I enjoy taking up-close detailed pictures. This picture is of the inside of a tulip. It's amazing the patterns and how the middle almost looks like a spider.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful But Invasive Flower
Beautiful But Invasive Flower
If you didn't know any better, you'd think this was a beautiful flower you'd like to have in your garden. True, it is very pretty, but beware, VERY invasive. I started out with 1 (1 gallon) plant several years ago and that plant sent out roots all around my water garden. Be sure you "contain" it if you don't want to see it EVERYWHERE. It's the devil to pull up and to control!

By Kathy from Canton, NC

Answers:

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

What kind is it? A Bachelor Button? (06/25/2008)

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

I am sure it is not a bachelor button. Kind of looks like a sea holly but not sure. (06/25/2008)

By Elaine

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

It looks like some sort of wild thistle. Although I am Scottish, and the thistle is the national flower of Scotland. varieties of it are considered noxious weeds in several states. What we see as beautiful flowers are actually natures way of attracting bees to pollinate...so thank you for the warning on this one - it is a pretty flower! (06/25/2008)

By Cathy S

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

This is what I think it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornflower

Also called a Bachelor Button. I have some growing in my yard. They haven't invaded though. It might grow differently in different areas. (06/25/2008)

By ThriftyFun

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

I know it is NOT a cornflower nor bachelor button. Wish I had a start. (06/25/2008)

By LAVAUN.

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

It is called the Mountain Blewett and blooms in PA in mid-late May and then sporadically over the rest of the summer. It will pop up in unlikely places but in Pennsylvania, at least, it is easy to control. (06/25/2008)

By BellaNell

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

'Centaura montana' is the Latin name of the perennial species and it is known by several common names, Mountain Bluet, Perennial Bachelor Buttons, and Perennial Cornflower.
The annual type is bachelor button or cornflower.
I have a plant of the perennial type, planted in a non-irrigated bed, here in Kansas, and it hasn't spread at all. I suspect the level of invasiveness has something to do with climate and/or location within the garden. (06/26/2008)

By shishi

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

To me from what I can tell people in the north call this a lady slipper. Here in the south I have heard them called devil toes. I prefer lady slippers. They can become invasive because of the long seed pods that form on them. They bust open and there are literally thousands of tiny seeds. (06/26/2008)

By MADELINE

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

I place my bet on Cornflower, related to Milk Thistle, which really spreads in fields here in Texas. I'd check with Ed Baker's Natural Garden Tonic book for a solution to spray on it so it will die out. Don't be tempted to use anything that might harm the soil or make it unplantable.

God bless and help you. : ) (06/26/2008)

By Lynda

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

It is a bachelor button! So called because it was like a blue version of the pink carnation in the lapel of the married man. It spreads from seed. Deadhead it and it won't spread. (06/29/2008)

By kimhis

Garden: Beautiful But Invasive Flower

FYI I posted this picture. You're right, LAVAUN, it's definitely not a Bachelor Button of the annual variety. shishi (26)wins the prize...it is the Centaurea "Montana". Trust me, I know what it is. Perhaps it does multiply by seeds, but I've never given it a chance to try. Mine multiplies by underground "feeder roots". (06/30/2008)

By KCC