My Sphynx Kitten Nursing on Brother and People

Before you say she was taken away from her mother too early she was with the mom until 12 weeks of age. It needs to stop or I'm giving her away since she's hurting her sibling!

This is not unusual behavior. Give the cat some fabric to suckle on.

She doesnt suck on fabric. Only skin. Even tried a pacifier

Have you talked to the vet? This can be a sign of anxiety and there are treatments that work for that and are fairly inexpensive. The other thing you can do is just keep the cats separate. I know plenty of families with an upstairs cat and a downstairs cat. A simple gate or closed door can be the best way to break the behavior until the kitten is a little older and outgrows it.

Prayers for an easy solution and that she gets to stay. I am so sad when I hear of cats that may have to be given away because of a behavior...the shelters are so overcrowded and so many will die needlessly. That just breaks my heart.

Im not sure if its anxiety related as she only does it sometimes when shes sleepy. She purrs while doing it and is either laying with me or her brother. She is however a little less outgoing and a little more skittish then her sibling so it could be and the purring is just throwing me off. As for giving her away I wouldnt surrender her to a shelter because the one in my area is run by a bunch on idiots and its a no kill shelter but still Id re-sell her if it came down to it to a single cat home so shed have no choice but to quit.

I think I may end up putting a cone on her for a couple weeks so she can eat and drink and sleep but nothing else with her mouth