Fruit Prep for a Week

Category Fruit
My Fruit Prep for a week
This is a guide about fruit prep for a week. Cut up melons and refrigerate servings to have them ready to add to your lunch.

On shopping day I buy a whole watermelon, a cantaloupe and a honeydew melon. On Sundays I prepare them for my week's lunches.

I have learned by mistakes not to fully cut up the entire melons all at once. You find they are sitting in a bowl of watery juice in 2 days.

I cut a cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon in half. Wrap tightly the other half.

Cut in half, peel and cut into small chunks each melon. I do one fruit at a time, and put the cut up fruit in a bowl.

Using quart size zip loc bags, I put a handful of watermelon in 6 bags, keeping them open.

Then I do the same with the cantaloupe and honeydew melon. This saves me so much time all week when getting ready to go out in the morning.

I place all six bags in a large bowl, date the bag on top and put in the fridge. This is great when I just feel like a light lunch. Or I will bring a hard boiled egg along, too.