Name Ideas for a Staffordshire Terrier

Whether you are searching for a registrable name or simply a unique one that suits your dog's appearance and personality it can be an adventure coming up with just the right one. This is a guide about name ideas for a Staffordshire Terrier.

I need some ideas for a registrable name for my blue brindle American Staffordshire Terrier named Boomer, but the AKC stated to me if I was to register him as just Boomer than a roman numeral five would need to be added to the end. Please help me to decide on a name.

Alaina from Lynchburg, VA

Answers

I know they are suppose to have a long name so how about - Boomer Alexander in the air (jones) your last name goes in ( ).or Boomer zad frack gluts the 2nd.or Boomer down under ( ). or -Boomer "the bomb" dundee. maybe? Probably not.. Just a few ideas to kick around maybe get an idea of your own. hope it helped. Sherry

Alaina, will Boomer be used for breeding? That is usually where the big, fancy names come into when registering your dog with the AKC. If Boomer is a family pet and it really isn't important to you to have the big, fancy name, then just name him Boomer V as suggested by the AKC.

How about naming him something with your name involved....like Alaina's Boomer (how many dogs could possibly be named that?) My dog is registered with a big, long name and I never call her that anyway! I call her all sorts of nicknames, but I should have named her "Cookie" because that is the only thing that she comes a'runnin to!

By vic (Guest Post)

This is a good strong name.

When my sister and I had to come up with a name for our dogs. I just gave mine a "real" name, such as Riley Roo (Jones). My sister gave hers a play on her breed. She got a dauchsand and named hers Faith Michaela "XL790" (the type of Datson car, not Dauchsaund). So how about Boomer Stafford (jones)?