Needle Bar Loose on Singer Sewing Machine

The needle bar on my Singer Stylist 413 has become loose and I can't figure out how to fix it. It doesn't stay in place and I can literally turn the needle back and forth. I had to adjust the needle bar to align the machine marks with the bottom of the casing after I had replaced the vertical gear (which broke into pieces) and reset the hook timing. Ever since, I can't seem to get the needle bar to stay securely in place. Can anyone help? I also can't find a repair manual for my machine. Thank you.

Best Answer

Sometimes repairs are not as simple as just looking at a diagram and you may need a video or someone to walk you through your repair.

• Would it be possible to contact the store/company that you purchased your vertical gear from and tell them your problem? They may be able to help.
  • Singer has a lot of video's on their site and may have one for this problem.
  • You can email or call them and they may be able to help you.
  • www.singerco.com/support
  • Perhaps a Singer retail store in your area would be will to help you. I have found that many times they do have a repair person that will help with small problems. Google Singer and your zip for local stores.

If you are in need of a manual for your machine this site has a free downloadable copy.

www.singerco.com/.../05cd53760826209952d04b99bc6962f8ea588653...

thank you very much

thank you very much

Here is a link to a PDF which explains everything about needle bars with illustrations: siterepository.s3.amazonaws.com/.../checking_and_setting_your_needle_bar_height...

Thank you Judy, that article was very informative! It has given me some ideas to try to see if I can fix the needle bar. Thank you again!

Here is a step by step you tube video on how to fix your needle bar www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9HL1PFhoI.

Thank you, the video gave me some other things to try.