Neighbor's Dogs Bark All the Time

Barking dogs are a common disturbance in neighborhoods, as well as a cause for disputes. This is a guide about neighbor's dogs bark all the time.

Have some very inconsiderate neighbors who let their dogs bark all night long and now they have a Pit Bull running along the fence while I am mowing my lawn, barking and growling every time I get near the fence. I can hear it try to dig on the other side of the fence while I am walking along and sticking it's nose thru the places where the boards don't meet.

By DM

Answers

I sure would have a talk with them about the night time barking. Hopefully that will work and you wont have to report them to the police.

Anonymous

I wish I could say a talk with them would be the answer, I am afraid too often it isn't. I also have neighbors with dogs that bark all the time, and i live in a mobile home park so it bothers everyone. I have taken it upon myself to give a dog whistle to the owner to use, she insists it doesn't work, a fly swatter, which believe it or not, does work with most dogs or cats and you never touch them with it, something about it, just they do not like it. We have discussed it many times. The owners do not even hear the dogs barking, they are so used to it.

Calling the humane society or police just make bad feelings. I would talk with them at first, and offer advice such as the dog whistle which does work for some, perhaps the dog collars which i know works for some and other options, I wish you luck. This is not an easy situation to be in and unfortunately causes lots of bad feelings from even the best of friends. Good luck and I hope it works out well for you. Communication is the key, withe the dogs and the owners.