New Spiral Perm Tight and Frizzy

Yesterday I got a perm and it was really frizzy and didn't reflect the large rod patten. It was really out of control, with very tight curls. Today I gave it a 30 minute conditioning which helped and I took a curling iron to a lot of it. It looks so much better. Did I ruin this because of what I did?

I am not sure what this will look like when I actually shampoo it. Advice please.

By Lynn S

If you continue to have problems after you wash your hair, I suggest you immediately return to your hair stylist for help. Your stylist is responsible for providing proper treatment and styling for your hair. The stylist may have left the perm treatment on your hair for a longer period than is appropriate, used an incorrect perm chemical mix for your hair-could be many reasons. You should be pleased with the results, not frustrated with difficult to maintain hair.

Do not use shampoo on your hair, just "wash" with conditioner only and you should soon get it under control.. Some people with very curly hair never use actual shampoo only conditioner to wash their hair.

All perms take a while to "relax" or they don't last as long as you would hope. Good luck.