Newspaper Pen Organizer
Vote for this contest contender!
I had nothing to do with an old newspaper insert so I decided to create a simple pen organizer out of it. It will take a little longer rolling the paper, but it's actually fun to do.
- old newspapers
- white glue/hot glue
- a piece of thin stick or pen removed from case
- Cut newspapers into squares.
- Roll each using a thin piece of stick or a pen removed from its case.
- Don't forget to apply glue on one end of each paper rolls.
- Make as many rolls as possible.
- Stick the rolls side by side about 10-15 pieces depending on your desired size.
- Place anything round on top of it and trace its shape using a marker.
- Cut along the traces and set aside. This will be the base.
- Now, repeat step 5 for all the rest of the paper rolls.
- Get a ruler and measure the desired length/height for the body. Cut it out and set aside the clippings.
- Get the base and apply glue around the edge.
- Place and curl the body on top of the base. When using liquid glue press it and hold for a few minutes to stick. It's best to use hot glue or super glue as it dries faster.
- Use clippings if you need to add more rolls to close in the whole thing.
- It will be ready when it holds together and stands firm.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!