Noise in Sewing Machine?

On a Singer sewing machine 179502, there is a rattle coming from rocker arm that drives the hook assembly. The noise is where the rocker arm connects to the drive shaft from the motor. There is about 1/64" play. Should there be a bushing there to take up slack?

By Bob J.

Can you post a photo of the machine, and another of the area where you think the bushing should be?

This isn't a model I'm familiar with but I know most antique and vintage Singer machines didn't have a bushing near the hook assembly. Is this an industrial machine?

I have a link for a service manual free download for 66 and 99 treadle and hand crank machines I can post for you if that will help you - post me a message (click on my screenname to access the message system) and I'll get the link posted.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesDecember 26, 2014
😷
🎃
🎂
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Noise-in-Sewing-Machine.html