HealthDogs

Older Dog Not Peeing or Pooping

My girl will be 10 years old this winter. I've had her inside with a jacket on, but I've noticed she hasn't been peeing or pooing. She did have a leg amputated a year ago. Should I be concerned? I sit with her outside, but she won't leave my side and if I leave she gets really upset. This is not normal behaviour for her. She is a miniature English Bull Terrier x Foxy.

Any help please?

I would definitely contact the vet. Waste that is not eliminated can poison the dog

Awww...poor pup! I agree this warrants a vet call. Any changes in behavior could be a blip that passes or a potential medical condition that needs managed. Howver, since she has had past challenges and is an older pup, it sounds like safety first and call ASAP! Keep us posted! Prayers for your fur baby!

I would be very concerned. She may have a blockage in her intestines or bladder. Either can be fatal in less than 24 hours. She needs to see a Vet immediately.

She's been to the vet she gets put to sleep today

You and yours have my deepest sympathy on your loss. May you always find comfort in happy memories of your pup. You will have a fur angel watching over you.

Thankyou hardest choice I've ever made

Its horrible and heartbreaking Prayers for you and your family for healing. It is so hard. Be easy on yourself. Hugs!

I am so sorry. It is the worst part of pet ownership.

so sorry for your loss. Our elderly cat died recently and on the last 3 days she had with us she would not eat, drink, or eliminate

that's when we knew it was the end