Orajel For Mosquito Bites

21
Share
7
Save
Follow
Print

This is a sure fix for mosquito bites. Every time I get bitten by a mosquito, I use Orajel or any toothache gel medicine and it works! It stops the itching instantly and will not itch again. I have done this for years. It isn't greasy, sticky, or smelly. It's convenient to put right in your pocket :)

By Pixie in Alliance, OH

Top Comment

Thanks for this great tip! I have tried sooo many products and remedies and haven't found one to work. Sometimes the product I try just gives momentary relief and then the itching comes back. I will defintiely try your suggestion. Thank yoy!

Top Comment

Thanks a million. And I mean that, I must have had at least a million mosquito bites over the years. Horrible. I'm gonna try this one for sure.

Thanks again.
Darlene in St. Louis, MO

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 270 Feedbacks

This is a mild numbing agent. Does nothing for disinfecting it. With the prevalence of West Nile Virus on the rise, it would be wise to add at least the hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol to the bite. There have been mosquitos tested in areas and have been coming up with the WNV. This can be very deadly to anyone.

It's me again. Of course, I would wash and sanitize the area before I put the Orajel on the bite. :-)

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 167 Feedbacks

T&T Grandma, I wonder if the disinfectant would actually kill WNV, or if it would react badly with the numbing gel. You bring up a good point about WNV, I'm going to ask a pharmacist if a disinfectant could kill the virus.

Actually, one of the main ingredients in Orajel is clove oil, which is a natural disinfectant.

This didn't work for me.

Health & Beauty First AidSeptember 3, 2010
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Orajel-For-Mosquito-Bites.html