Orange Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls are really easy to put together as their base is ready-made dough. The added orange zest and juice really give them a nice zing, and make them smell oh-so-good! I used the oranges from my garden, so I thought the final image of these rolls should be out in front of the trees. :)
Prep Time: 20 minutes + rise time
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed (I used Rhodes Bake-N-Serv)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- In a bowl, mix together the pecans, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until it's a square about 14" in size.
- Spread butter over dough.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture on top.
- Tightly roll up the dough.
- Pinch the seems shut.
- Cut into even 1/2" slices.
- Place rolls in 2 greased round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm area for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F, then bake for around 16 minutes, until golden.
- Mix powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Add juice from orange a little at a time until you're happy with the icing consistency.
- Spoon icing over warm rolls.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!