Orb Weaver Spider Web

Photo Description
I have always loved the uniqueness of this type of spider web. It is so professionally done and especially beautiful when it's wet with dew and the sun is shining on it. This spider web is constructed by the Orb Weaver.

She catches insects therefore earning her keep on my carport. The spider nor the web are a problem as both disappear the next day. What happens is the Orb Weaver works all night building her web and the next morning she cleans it up by devouring it. When night time comes, she builds it again.

Photo Location
North Carolina

This is a fantastic photo and great explanation of behavior. We need to preserve and celebrate biodiversity! Pollution and ecosystem destruction are causing our spiders to go extinct at an alarming rate.

Reply Like this photo? 2

I watched a spider building this sort of web once in the garden( not an overnight spider ). It was fascinating, almost as if it was knitting it. I think i videod it but can't find it now.

We do need to realise that we are not the only things that have a right to exist.
Marg from England.

Reply Like this photo? 1

This spider is an artist. I have looked at several videos and found this one that is good. Hope you enjoy it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J5kArP5gAE

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love this picture. Youve got my vote!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos SceneryOctober 22, 2020
😷
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Orb-Weaver-Spider-Web.html