Other Uses for a Pizza Cutter

Category Kitchen Tools
If you find that you don't really use your pizza cutter very much, consider the many other uses it can be put to. This is a guide about other uses for a pizza cutter.

When my son was very young, spaghetti was difficult for him to eat. I would use my pizza cutter to cut his spaghetti into bite size pieces, which he could then eat with a spoon. I could do this after it was placed into his bowl, which made it even quicker for me!

By yoder178 from Elkhart, IN

My husband had a stroke. It was hard for him to cut up his food, so I started using a pizza cutter to cut his food into easy to handle small pieces. I also use it for my young grandchildren that are not sure how to use a fork yet.

By pattie64 from Texarkana,TX

I never dry my noodles. After rolling the dough out, I immediate cut them. Then I cook them at once. My husband suggested that I use a pizza cutter. My noodles are more uniform and cutting is so much easier and faster.

Source: From my husband, Mike

By Ginger M. from Decatur, IL

Use a pizza cutter to slice grilled cheese sandwiches and similar foods into kid-size pieces. It is much quicker, cleaner, and safer than using a knife. It also cuts the crust off of sandwiches very nicely.

By M. Day, OH

A pizza cutter makes quick work of cutting fudge or toffee. If the candy is sticky, spray it with a little cooking spray first.

By Camilla

My girl friend Michelle recently shared this tip with me. She uses her pizza wheel to cut so many things: pancakes, chicken strips, french toast, anything! Particularly useful for cutting up your child's food.

When I made brownies the other day, the pizza wheel worked so much better than sawing with a knife. Try it out today!

Source: Michelle C.

By Heather from Swanton, VT

Answers:

Pizza Cutter Uses

That makes a lot of sense! Thanks for this good tip! (01/25/2010)

By Deeli

Pizza Cutter Uses

I, like speedmom, use kitchen scissors for cutting pizza, cutting fat from meat before I cook it and a host of other things. (01/25/2010)

By TXBetty

Being a mother of triplets I needed to cut up food for my children quickly when they were young. I found that a pizza cutter worked for way more than pizza. Grilled cheese sandwiches, any sandwich, french toast, toast, pancakes, quesadillas, and waffles. Try it you'll become addicted too!

By Carol from Torrance, CA

Using a pizza cutter to cut brownies is great because the pieces are more even and the brownies usually won't stick to the pizza cutter.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Pizza Cutter for More than Pizza

Why didn't I ever think of that! GREAT IDEA! (07/06/2006)

By Debbie52

Pizza Cutter for More than Pizza

As a special ed teacher for very young students with severe disabilities, school food in the lunchroom can be hard to deal with for a whole class in the short amount of time they have to eat. We use a clean pair of kitchen scissors to quickly cut pizza, meat, spaghetti, etc. into bite size pieces. A pizza cutter might not work on our school trays. The scissors work well and are quick. Of course, we wouldn't use them with a student we would potentially teach to use a knife to cut their own food. (07/09/2006)

By speedmom

Pizza Cutter Uses

Reminder: use only the METAL pizza cutters because the plastic or nylon ones melt at the edge with hot items! I've ruined a couple. lol (08/24/2006)

By Lynda

Pizza Cutter Uses

I found using it to cut my homemade noodles works great. (12/13/2007)

By Jodi