Paint Scraper As Carrot Scraper

I've been looking for a better carrot scraper. I was using a serrated knife. It was slow and left a mess in the sink. I saw this paint scraper at Dollar Tree and decided to try it. It is the best thing I've ever found. It is dishwasher safe. The bristles appear to be steel wire. They don't rust. Best of all, scraping carrots with this brush is a breeze. The bristles are so sharp and hard, I can scrape a carrot in half the time it use to take. I scrape them under running water and there's almost no mess, at all.

While not as efficient at scraping white russet potatoes, it still was faster than peeling. I've a feeling it would be much faster on other potatoes. I didn't have any on hand for testing.

This new, one dollar paint scraper now resides in my kitchen utensil drawer.

Thumbs up because my mum does this too ;)

Are you serious?

Anonymous

What you are showing is really used to scrape the grates on your bbq. Your idea though, means it can be used in more than one way. I buy mine at the dollar store.

Dollar Tree sign said it was a paint scraper and it was sold along side the paint brushes. I guess it might be an interchangeable item.

If I ever buy a barbecue grill, I'll keep your info in mind. Thanks! Do get yourself one just for carrots. I think you'll like it.

What a great idea! I have one we use on the BBQ grates, also, but I am going back to Dollar Tree to get one for the carrots. Thank you!