Paint and Curtain Color Advice

We bought a home not long ago. It had a small living room 16x12 which is now an open concept with dining and kitchen; as we took out walls. I put in hand-scraped hardwood floors, birch chestnut so they are darker. All the windows are dark wood. I will put in white trim throughout home. My better half wanted dark furniture when I finally caved and it is all brown leather/nail-head.

I found a rug to open and brighten the area, a Surya Steinberger (dark brown, camel, aqua, taupe, sage). Now, I can help with anyone's home/office, but not mine. So, I ask for wall color(s) and what curtains for living and dining. I know the ceiling is 8ft so it is probably best to keep white I think (we removed the popcorn ceiling so, excuse the look).

I also have all 6 panel doors that will go in closets and hallways. The living room window is a + shape and and 84" wide by 76" long and two walls on either side approximately 4.5 ft.

Please pardon the mess as there are so many projects going on (kitchen next). The curtains "sorta" up now came with home. I just need a cozy warm and inviting area.
Thank you.

I would make the walls cream and choose any of the colors in the rug for the curtains

I would do the walls a very light grey, with white trim and base boards. Then add some color for all the dark you have going on, do a light turquoise and coral for accent colors. including any throw rugs, pillows for the couch, single chair and small table by a window with either color turquoise or coral.

I did this with the beach theme. Dont use heavy dreary drapes, Use a light weight panel with those same accent colors. Now when you come in it is so refreshing look.

Oh my! You have such rich colors to work with! If it was my livingroom and I had what you do to work with I would go with rich bright colors like a medium toned aqua with accent pillows with coral and some of the colors in your rug and probably a light colored curtain of beige, cream or off-white, Or some sheers in a deeper or lighter shade of the color you put on the walls. However...I think you need some rich color to your walls. Maybe even paint them different shades of the same color.

I would stick with the white walls if you don't need to repaint as you can color accessorize much easier. I would go with red or maroon color for accents, curtains, & throw pillows.

Or you can go with black curtains & throw pillows. Or you can mix & match all as they all complement each other.