At a time like this, we need to use what we have in the pantry to make meals. Things are scarce in the supermarket and many do not want to go out to the supermarket. Everyone has enough in their pantry to make a great soup. Add meat if you like. Soup is and always has been a great comfort food!
- chicken or beef broth
- canned tomatoes
- canned (any kind) kidney, cannelloni, navy beans, etc.
- canned or frozen vegetables
- small pasta - ditalini, orzo, elbows, etc.
- rice - brown, white or rice mix
- Lipton onion soup mix
- seasonings - basil, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, rosemary, oregano, chives, sugar, onion powder, celery salt, minced onion, etc.
- grated cheese
- Using a large pot saute a chopped onion and chopped celery in olive oil.
- Add broth enough for how much soup you want to make.
- Add canned tomatoes, canned beans, canned vegetables, corn, green beans and mixed vegetables.
- Add as much water as you did broth.
- Add seasonings to taste. I always suggest 1/2 tsp to start. After simmer for one hour, do a test taste. Let simmer.
- Add pasta or rice or both!
- When serving, top with grated cheese.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!