Parkinson's Disease and Sleeping

I do caregiving for someone with Parkinson's disease. They usually go to bed at 8pm and when I arrive at 11am they are sometimes still in bed. The person that spends the night can't wake her up. A Dr. has said to just let her sleep. I just disagree. I never have a problem waking her up. I think it's important to get her up at least by 9am, so she can have her morning meds and breakfast.

If she sits in the living room and sleeps in her chair so what. At least she is out around other family and not stuck in the bedroom. I think it's also important to do her daily exercises and walking. Too me leaving these patents lay in bed, means they are going to get too stiff. Am I wrong?

By RBD

Yes, I do believe they could get stiff. You are right about giving meds on a schedule, too, but more importantly, these patients need socialization with other people and not being left in a bed for hours on end. My dear dad had Parkinson's for 37 years.