Parmesan Onion and Celery Bake
This is a delicious onion recipe that has celery in it along with Parmesan cheese. I leave out the pecans though.
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 8 Tbsp butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- In a large skillet saute onions and celery in 3 tablespoons butter or margarine until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over onions and celery and toss to coat.
- Pour into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and pecans.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes or until heated through.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!