Parvo Recovery Time

My 14 week Golden Retriever puppy was diagnosed with parvo on Saturday. He has already had 3 parvo shots. Initial symptoms were seen on Friday afternoon. He stayed at the vet until yesterday (Wednesday). He is drinking on his own, but not eating. I'm trying to force feed him, but it's pretty difficult. He seems very nauseous despite 2 antiemetics and is still vomiting his food. It is more of a reflux regurgitation than a heavy vomiting. I'm asking for any advice and if this is normal behavior for day 6? I feel like he should be eating at least a little.

Recovery varies with each dog. The good news is that the dog is drinking. I would worry less about the food. Keep your vet informed about his progress.

Vet care is critical to recovery from parvo. So that you got him in and got the care is a great start on the road to recovery. That is good!!!! I know many survivors and all had good vet care, home care following the vet directions. Each recovered at their own pace too. Bigger dogs sometimes recover faster than small dogs..but they are like people, everyone is different.

Keep the vet up to date on any changes and follow the vet guidance.
Prayers for recovery!!! Post back how things go!

Hi,

I am sorry your pet is sick.

One to six weeks is the recovery time for Parvo.

The fourth week is the worst, usually. The key to recovery is rest and liquids. The dog literally cannot have too many fluids during this time.

I am happy to report that our puppy is doing great! He continued to vomit for a few more days but eventually he turned the corner and everything looks great! He has been gaining his weight back quickly!

Plenty of fresh water feeding do not worry but my Golden when poorly loves Scrambled egg Hope your fur baby will be better soon x