To switch it up from our usual quinoa lunches, I made pasta salad. You can make this huge batch of pasta salad that lasts in the fridge throughout the week. What's great about this pasta salad is you can serve it cold and it's customizable (feel free to change up any ingredients you'd like)! Plus, this would be a great to make for parties.
Note: This recipe has no set amount needed. Depends on what you have on hand and how much of each you'd like to put in your salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 people or more (depending on portion per person)
- 1 1/2 bags penne pasta (17.6 oz)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 English cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Follow your pasta instructions. Boil and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can boil eggs. I used 6 eggs. Then allow eggs to cool, peel, and set the yolk aside to eat alone or with a different meal.
- Chop other ingredients you would like in your salad. I used English cucumber, cherry tomatoes, salami, olives, and egg whites.
- Pasta salad dressing is a combination of extra vigin olive oil and red wine vinegar mixed together.
- Pour dressing in and mix.
- Toss with pasta and you're ready to serve!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.