Pattern for Yarn Dog That Doesn't Use a Wire Hanger

Trying to find the old pattern for making a wireless yarn dog can be daunting. This page contains a few leads you can try. This is a guide about the pattern for a yarn dog that doesn't use a wire hanger.

I am looking for the pattern for the yarn dog with "no" wires. I love that pattern and would like to make it for my grandbabies. Pictured is the one I am looking for. Can anyone email me a copy of it?

By Michelle B.

Answers

Best Answer

I wish mine turned out this cute. I made my first one tonight... LOL well, I'll show you a photo and if you want the pattern just let me know. I did a horrible job gonna get someone to help me next time. I tried to make a yorkie for my friend.

Best Answer

I found a pattern on Amazon by McCall patterns it's...McCall 2627 shaggy dog stuff/dog pattern vintage 1986 13 or 16 in. Good luck

I would love to know how to make the yarn dog without the wire. And a pattern on how to make it with the wire. I would also like a horse and other animals as I want to make them for my grand and great grandkids. My great grandkids can't have the hanger ones. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

By Glenda

Answers

Best Answer

Long before Pinterest and YouTube...When I was an arts and crafts camp counselor many, many, MANY a summer ago, we made animals (dogs, cats, pigs, etc.) from yarn and empty bleach bottles.

The kids would make the yarn bows like you make for the hanger dogs, but glued them on to the bleach bottle with white glue. They were messy, but cute. Strictly for decoration as if you played with them, the yarn would fall off.

If you want a "to play with" yarn toy, we also made various animals from yarn pompoms...tying them together. They were more sturdy and the kids always came up with unusual color combinations...like green and purple dogs and red and yellow cats!

I found a neat Pinterst link that may help you find directions. Sadly that was so long ago, I have no memory of the exact how-tos! At least I remember the fun I had :)

www.pinterest.com/.../?lp=true

I am looking for the pattern for the shaggy yarn dog. I have the pattern that uses a wire hanger. Thank you.

By Gina

Answers

Can you be more explicit in your request please? I have a few patterns, but not sure exactly what you are looking for.

I am looking for the pattern to make a shaggy dog. It is in Coats and Crafts #Art j17 Book 0713. It is titled Animal Bazaar Book. There is no wire is in this dog. I am desperate to find either the book itself or at least the directions to make the dog. He is so so cute. Thanks to anyone who can help.

By shaggyjean from Park Ridge, IL

Answers

Check etsy.Com/it's a place where crafters sell there wares. It works like ebay. So go to the site and put the pattern number in and see if they have it.

I have never made a poodle before out of yarn. This is my first time. Do you have a video you can show me?

By Judy

I am looking for the pattern for the yarn puppy with no hanger. Could someone post it please? I have the one with the hanger, but would like the other one.

By Damaris

How do I get the pattern for making a shaggy yarn dog without using a wire hanger from MooMoo52? She told us she'd send it. If someone else has the pattern and is willing to share that would be great. Or if you know where I can search I would also be grateful.

By Donna D.

I want to make the yarn dog without the coat hanger. I'm looking for the pattern to make this dog. Can someone help?

By Glenda J.