AppliancesRepair

Pay Attention to Appliances While You are Using Them

Many people like to operate their washers, driers, and dishwashers right before they go to bed. They take advantage of cheaper electrical rates and wake up to a chore already done. I use my appliances when I'm awake and at home and am watchful for noises and/or longer running times. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes an appliance malfunctions and results in a fire or flood. Just this week, an inlet valve on my underground sprinkler malfunctioned. If I hadn't been home, the sprinkler would have just kept running, and I would have had a ruined lawn and possibly a flood in my basement. I've had this sprinkler for many years with no issues, but there's a first time for everything.

You're absoutely right. We also are in the habit of making sure nothing is plugged in charging ( phones, tablets, rechargeable batteries, etc.) if nobody is going to be home for a while. Have had an old charger heat up to the point of potentially being dangerous. Thankfully, we were home. But I could never live with myself if I came home to a house on fire and my dog trapped inside. Your tip is really, really important.

Thank you. I know people who have had washing machine hoses break and another person who almost had a fire because of a wiring issue in her dishwasher. I read about the phone chargers heating up and
causing a fire. I'm all for saving money but in this case l will pass.