Here is a great vegan recipe for peach cobbler. You can also use any other stone fruits, such as mangoes.
Total Time: 2+ hours
Source: Whole Grain Vegan Baking
- 6 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced peaches
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup barley flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegan milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavoured vegan yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Make oat flour by putting rolled oats into blender.
- Combine the fruit, cornstarch, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium sized saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Divide the mix into a baking pan
- Whisk flours in a bowl, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the milk and yogurt to form a dough.
- Drop a pile of dough on the top of the fruit, slightly spreading it so the top will bake evenly.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until golden.
I received a book last Christmas called Whole Grain Vegan Baking and have recently have had a lot of fun making the recipes in it. The jist of these recipes is they replace the egg and dairy with potatoes, squash, other vegetables, and also oils and vegan yogurt.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!