Pickle Jar with Laundry Detergent to Hold Toilet Brush

I have a large pickle jar in which I keep my toilet brush, which I use to clean the toilet with. In the pickle jar is enough laundry detergent to cover the bristles of the brush.

It is an old toilet, and I have to pour water down the bowl often to complete the flushing process. I have found that putting the toilet brush in detergent has helped the bowl to be clean. I just lift up the seat and brush the toilet with it every so often. It is already in detergent, (laundry detergent) and it is always ready to be used. If I had small kids or unruly pets, I would use something non toxic like vinegar for keeping the toilet brush in.

It has worked out really nicely for me, and after trying everything possible, it is keeping the bowl really clean and some of the old hard water stains are starting to come off. The lime cleaners and hard water stain cleaners never worked and I was surprised to see this is working.

Also, I am sure it is the extra water that I am putting in the bowl when I flush it along with the detergent that is helping to keep it cleaner than it ever was before.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

Am using a Oxy clean bucket for mine.