SeedsGardening

Pipe for Planting Seed in Garden

Yesterday, my husband and I planted string beans and butter beans in the garden. He dug the holes while I dropped the seeds. After bending over 3-4 times, I knew my back was not going to take it. I had to think of another way to do it. I remember my grandma telling me a long time ago, "If there's a will, there's a way." I have used that motivation a lot over my lifetime.

I went to the house and looked for a pipe to use for dropping the seeds. I found a piece of cut off drain pipe and it worked well. I believe a 2 or 3 inch PVC pipe would have worked better yet. After putting the seed in my pocket, it was easy to take out 3 seeds and drop them into the hole without bending my back. No problem.

Top Comment

A final theory would explain everything that ever was, is, or will be. Some theoretical physicists believe that if the final theory is ever found, it will be so simple, a child could understand it.

To my way of thinking, there are two types of minds likely to come up with your idea, the mind of a child and the mind of a physicist. Which ever category you might fit in, your idea is so simple it's beautiful.

Thank you. I think my mind is more of a child that an physicist. The older I get, the more childish I get. It's more fun that way. Life is good.

Anonymous

Good idea. Nearly warm enough here to start my garden.