With the gift of a bottle of wine, I decided to look for recipes. This recipe doesn't heat up the kitchen, eliminates any fish odors, and can be eaten hot, room temperature or cold. I opted for the cold, since we are in the middle of a heat wave.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Allow about a half pound per person
- 1 to 1½ pounds salmon fillets,
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup water
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced or a few thin slices of onion
- several sprigs fresh dill or sprinkle of dried dill
- sprig fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh lemon slices for serving
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with salt.
- Put the wine, water, dill, parsley and shallots or onions in a pan, and bring to a simmer.
- Place salmon fillets, skin-side down on the pan.
- Cover and cook 5-10 minutes. Do not overlook.
- Serve with a sprinkling of ground black pepper, and some lemon slices for garnish.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!