Preserving an Old Cookbook?

I have my mother's cookbook in which the thick cardboard binder is destroyed; the contents are in pretty good shape. It has 5 rings and I can't find anyplace that sells 5 ring binders. I'm relying on my ThriftyFun friends again on how I can preserve this or where I can find a 5 ring binder. It's Betters Homes and Gardens. I contacted them and they said I couldn't buy the binder; I've have to buy a new cookbook. Copying the pages and inserting in a 3 ring binder is not something I want to do.

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Would it be possible to cover the old binder with clear contact paper? Is the binder together enough where this would hold it? Or perhaps you can find another cook book cheap at a yard sale or a thrift store and switch the binders. Good luck!

Get a 3 ring hole punch and some of those round self sticking little circles that kids use to reinforce a torn hole on their papers. Then re-punch the holes on all the pages of the cook book. That should do it. Good Luck.

Look for old copies of those cookbooks at library book sales, yard sales, garage sales, church sales, thrift stores, and flea markets. Chances are you can find a copy with a good binder & put your copy in it. Maybe it will even have pages yours is missing or you can swap pages that might be in better condition.

Another tip - sometimes libraries discard old reference items that come in specially made binders, which might have 5 rings. If you find one of those it might work. Some of those reference binders were extremely well-made.

An office supply store sells a five hole time management system binder. Ask for "Day Timer" system. Their pages fit in 3 or 5 hole binders. But the binder not cheep and they can be purchased as a vinyl or leather binder.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 4, 2012
🐰
🌻
🐛
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Preserving-an-Old-Cookbook.html