Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe?

I need a easy and few ingredient recipe for fixing chicken and rice in a pressure cooker. And I'd like to use bone in thighs. Thanks!

By Sissy

Best Answer

Rice does well in a pressure cooker. Sounds like you have a great base for a soup.

I have never had any luck with rice in pressure cooker, too much foam boil up. Chicken does really well. Cook chicken and rice separately and mix.

I have never tried cooking rice under pressure, my cooker advised against it. It's just me and my husband at home now and this makes two meals for us. I pressure cook two leg quarters (thigh and leg) for 17 minutes. If my quarters are frozen, I cook them for 25 minutes.

While I am pulling the chicken from the bone, I begin cooking a 10 ounce bag of Mahatma Yellow Rice in the broth in my cooker, then add the chicken while rice is cooking. I add two cans of fat free Swanson Chicken Broth because the rice soaks up so much of the broth and for us, it looks and tastes dry. This makes enough for us to have leftovers for dinner the next day.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesFebruary 16, 2012
🌻
😎
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Pressure-Cooker-Chicken-and-Rice-Recipe.html

Main DishesRecipes