Preventing Flea Bites

Category Fleas
Flea
Fleas don't just bite our pets, as the infestation escalates they can become a problem for the pet owners as well. This is a guide about preventing flea bites.

How do you stop fleas from biting certain people?

By Betty from Annapolis Royal

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

The only way i've ever gotten rid of fleas is bombing my house and treating my dogs and then 7 days later do it again. As far as keeping them from biting some people, like if your going to someone's house to visit and you know they have fleas, I have used bug spray, sprayed it on my pant legs and shoes. Good luck.

I would definitely get rid of the fleas in general. Then your guests will not have to worry. All you need to do is to remove access to the host, usually your pets. Advantage spot treatment was all it took to rid our home of them years ago. No bombing, no sprays were necessary. You will need to treat all pets on a monthly basis. Best wishes.

I understand fleas are attacted to people who have estrogen in their bodies. So that would be women. I am not sure if hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills can exacerbate that problem.

I've heard that you should avoid sweets and take in vinegar-based foods. Also, I take a salt-scrub *(kosher salt mixed with almond oil, vitamin E and essential oil) shower, as this also detracts the bites.