Protecting Eyeglasses

Category Miscellaneous
Keeping your glasses clean and scratch free help you to see better. This guide is about protecting eyeglasses.

Foam holders for aluminum canned drinks make good eyeglass holders. I can't read squat without my glasses so having these holders helps me keep up with my many pairs of eyeglasses.

By Betty

I have a hard time keeping up with my reading glasses around the house. You put them down and forget them sometimes, so I found a way to fix that problem. I buy Dollar store reading glasses and soft foam soda can holders.

You can keep a pair in each room you wish and can color cordinate soda can holders to match each room.

I'm experimenting with making my own rubber sleeves for the metal earpieces by repurposing rubber or vinyl adhesive weather stripping. To get them onto your glasses temple/ear pieces, cut off a section the desired length. Squeeze a couple of drops of dish washing or liquid hand soap into the hole at the end of the rubber tube and then slip it over your earpiece arm and cut off at other end.

Also you can make a "loop" at the end by cutting a small hole into the rubber tube about 2 inches from the end. Push out the earpiece, loop the dangling rubber "tail" around and reinsert it over the ear piece tip again. You may need a drop of dish soap to slide on.

Rubber weather stripping tubes usually come in both black or white and one side has a strip of wax paper covering the adhesive. The tricky part seems to be how to get rid of that sticky adhesive before wearing them. I think Goo Gone type solvents can do it. Or if you don't have hair, then just let the oil on your skin get at it! In the meantime, the sticky stuff may help hold your glasses tight to your temples!