Protecting Outside Water Faucet

To keep your outside water faucet from freezing and getting damaged, keep the hose unhooked during freezing weather. Also, Walmart carries a Styrofoam cover made to hook onto the faucet and keep it covered. It cost about $1.00 and is easy to put on and take off.

I wrap plastic bags (from the super market) around the faucet and then split a large sturofoam cup down one side and across the bottom and slip it over the bags. All you really need is to keep the cold wind from striking the pipe.

Hi - I live in Florida and do not have to protect faucets very often but I did find an easy way when it was necessary.

Disconnect hose and remove some of the water from hose to keep them from freezing also.

Just take one or two of those "orphan" socks laying around, place them over the faucet and then wrap with a plastic bag (any kind will do) and secure with a large rubber band or some "bread" ties.

I may place an extra sock over the plastic bag to make it easier to secure with the ties. Survived hard freezes in Florida.

This is a picture of the Styrofoam cover I purchased from Walmart and our second winter using it. It has a foam gasket that enables you to tighten the cover against the house. There is a rubber strap that fits on the faucet that you pull tight with the adjustable catch that holds it in place. So easy to put on and take off when I need to draw water for the birdbath. Well work the little cost paid for it.

Home and Garden Home Improvement WeatherizingJanuary 26, 2013
👒
🐰
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Protecting-Outside-Water-Faucet.html