Proving Eligibility of Child for Parent's Social Security?

My daughter's father passed when she was 13 months old. His name was not on the birth certificate. She is in his obituary as his daughter, but when I went to try and get benefits that wasn't enough proof. I have tried several times since his death and still was denied. Now she is 16 and I want to try and get DNA from his mom or brothers, but is it too late since she is 16? What else can I do to get the benefits that are owed to her?

By Ivella B

Have you tried genetic testing?

Well - you sure have missed out on a lot of help over the past years.
Best bet is to see an attorney.
You can get help with legal matters free of charge if you fall in the lower income bracket, receive assistance, food stamps.

You need someone to tell you exactly what you need to get this passed. DNA testing is expensive but may be necessary.
Sometimes when using an attorney different things can be done that the average "joe" cannot do.

Too bad you missed out all those years but she can still receive a few years - not sure of what age now.

You also missed out because you would have received money also (to care for the child).

I am only mentioning this so maybe someone reading this will not wait so long.

I'm pretty sure I want to get any benefits. But right now I am doing the DNA test just so we know. His sister is doing the test with us. $599 dollars right now with the diagnostics clinic.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceJune 15, 2013
😎
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Proving-Eligibility-of-Child-for-Parents-Social-Security.html