- 1 package instant pudding mix (your choice of flavor)
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust (or homemade in 8 inch pie pan)
- 1 8 ounce package low fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% or skim milk
Mix milk with cream cheese and pudding mix until smooth and thick. Pour into pie crust. Chill 2 hours minimum. Enjoy.
You can top this with fruit pie filling, chocolate curls, sliced fresh fruit. Also, you can fill the bottom of the pie tin with sliced fruit, and top with the mixture. Mix in chocolate, butterscotch or peanut butter chips in the cheese mixture.
Some combinations my family enjoys are:
- Chocolate crumb crust, pudding and chips
- Butterscotch pudding and chips
- Vanilla pudding and fruit
- Banana pudding with bananas layered at the bottom of the dish
- Home made gingersnap crumb crust with apple pie filling on top
- Vanilla pudding with 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter blended in (I use an immersion/stick blender, but a regular mixer or a blender also work well)
By Jean from Grand Island, NY