20+ Tasty Cheesecake Recipes
Read More Comments
This cheesecake is a little bit different from many others I've had over the years. It has layers that you see when you cut into it. There's a few cheesecakes with the sour cream added on top, but I've not tasted or seen any like this one; it is special. Everyone over the years has just enjoyed it to the max.
Years ago, I tweaked my mom's cheesecake recipe a bit (only by adding the fruit) on top, as that makes it so colorful and yummy. Sometimes I call it my "California Cheesecake", though I live in Vegas. I'm from CA.
It's so creamy dreamy, and every bite is absolutely delicious. It takes a bit of time to make, but this is one of those things that's worth every minute to make, for every yummy bite later.
Prep Time: 45 min approx
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1.5-2 hrs
Source: Thanks to my mom and her cooking growing up!
- 11 graham crackers
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup sour cream
- 1/4 packette plain gelatin
- 1 sliced kiwi
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- 1 small handful blueberries
- 1/2 small basket strawberries
- First we want to get our cream cheese and butter room temperature so it's easier to mix. That is very important.
- Next take your 11 graham crackers, and either use a rolling pin, a glass, or put them in a food processor. Only zapping them intermittently, to just get them crumbly. Try and get the crumbles all the about the same size.
- Then add 3 Tbsp. of sugar and 1/3 cup of very softened butter. Mix well. This works best actually with your fingers to thoroughly mix it up.
- Take your well mixed up gram crackers and put that right into the middle of your spring pan. Then gently spread the cracker mixture around evenly, and start building it up the sides of the spring pan. Make sure you don't press the sides too hard, or the crust will be very hard after it's cooked. This can take the most time; getting those gram crackers to stay put on the sides with gentle pressure.
- Then pat down the bottom, and now you're ready to put this in the oven at 350F (pre-heated) on center rack for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, slightly beat the 2 eggs. Add your slightly beaten eggs to a bowl with your softened cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly by hand or mixer. If using a mixer, make sure to keep it on the lowest speed, as you don't want it whipped or it will split on top when it cooks.
- Gently pour your center filling into your formed crust. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit until the top layer is done.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven to prepare the topping, and leave the oven temp at 350F until we put it back into the oven, then we'll turn it up a bit.
- Now for the top layer. In a bowl put 1 and 1/2 cups sour cream, 3 Tbsp spoons of sugar and 2 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
- Then very carefully spread on top of the baked bottom layer. Turn the oven up to 450F and put it back in the oven and bake for 7 min, then remove from oven. About 10-20 min after removing from oven, very carefully open the latch on your spring pan, and remove the outer rim. We'll be placing the fruit on the cheesecake when it's completely cooled, in about an hour.
- Next wash and slice your strawberries in half. Slice your kiwi thinly. Drain your mandarin oranges, and wash your blueberries, then allow all to dry off on paper towels, we don't want them too juicy or wet on top of the cheesecake.
- Use only a few tsp. of the plain gelatin with a tsp or two of water, mix in a separate small bowl. This is going to be the glue that holds the strawberries in place on top.
- Next we're going to place the strawberry halves around the outside of the cheesecake, using a tooth pick we're going to dip the back (cut part) of each strawberry into our "glue", the gelatin and water. When you've gotten the strawberries done, we'll go to the next step.
- The Kiwi doesn't need the gelatin glue, as they'll just lay on top just fine. Then add your mandarin oranges in a more center circle, and then your blueberries in the middle and you're done and ready to serve! Enjoy.
Smooth and creamy, this cheesecake is perfect as dessert for a special event. This page contains a recipe for heavenly cheesecake.
This page contains black bottom cheesecake recipes. This is the perfect dessert for the lover of chocolate and cheesecake, but not chocolate cheesecake.
This page contains chocolate cheesecake recipes. Chocolate cheesecake is a favorite for many rich dessert lovers.
A thin layer of cheesecake in your sweet bars makes for an elegant and delicious dessert for anytime. This page contains cheesecake bar recipes.
A frugal version of cheesecake made with graham cracker crumbs and cream cheese. This is a page about cheapskate cheesecake.
This cheesecake recipe takes less time than the average dinner so there is no excuse for not making it tonight. This page contains a recipe for 22 minute cheesecake.
Canned pumpkin and spices make this a delicious cheesecake to serve during the fall and winter. Even if you are not a fan of pumpkin pie you may love this dessert. This page contains a spiced pumpkin cheesecake recipe.
This is a page about making peppermint cheesecake. This no bake peppermint flavored cheesecake is sure to be a hit.
Strawberries and blueberries help make this delicious patriotic cheesecake for the Fourth of July or anytime. This page contains a patriotic cheesecake recipe.
The deli style New York cheesecake is known for its rich, dense filling. This page contains New York cheesecake recipes.
This page contains Oreo cheesecake recipes. Love Oreos? Add them to cheesecake for a delicious variation.
Make a quick no bake cheesecake when you don't have time for baking. This page contains no bake cheesecake recipes.
This page contains pudding cheesecake recipes. A wonderful dessert that your whole family will enjoy.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.