Cheapskate Cheesecake Recipe
A frugal version of cheesecake made with graham cracker crumbs and cream cheese. This is a page about cheapskate cheesecake
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
November 7, 2012
Here's a way to make cheesecake when you're a bit low on funds. It tastes so good and with a healthy dollop of whipped cream on top, no one will notice you cut some corners!
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 Slices
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter/margarine and press into an 8 inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, and salt and mix until blended.
- Add corn starch, sugar, and milk. Mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about half an hour until top is golden.
- Set on rack to cool for an hour then move to refrigerator to chill for a few hours.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.