Pudding Snack Recipes

Category Snacks
Pudding Snack
Pudding is a popular snack food. This is a guide about pudding snack recipes.

I never could leave well enough alone. I took an easy pudding pop recipe (ala Toys in the Dryer blog) and gave it a little twist. I added some guilt-reducing health benefits by mixing in cherry yogurt, the Jamie Lee Curtis kind. ;)

Make your instant chocolate pudding as directed on the box. I made several pops with half the pudding mix, then I added some cherry yogurt to the remaining half of the mix. But I suppose you could make them all with added yogurt if you like.

Spoon into popsicle cups or whatever you have handy. I saved my yogurt cups just for this. Perfect size. I used wooden, ice cream "spoon sticks" held in place by a piece of cling wrap over the top of the cup. This keeps the stick in the middle of the pudding. Put in freezer until firm.

Source: Pudding pop idea from "Toys in the Dryer" blog.

By Gloria from western NY

Attention pudding and rocky road lovers! Yum! Of course you can use instant pudding but personally I love the flavor and texture of cook and serve better ;-)

Directions:

Cook pudding to package instructions. Transfer to individual dessert bowls. Allow to cool for about ten minutes or cover and refrigerate for future serving.

Just before serving top the pudding with marshmallows and almonds and let everyone decide for themselves whether they want to stir the marshmallows in or eat them right off the top.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

To make pudding pops from a snack size pudding cup, make a small cut in the top and put the Popsicle stick in it, then freeze. Pull off the foil when ready to eat.

• 35 Vanilla Wafers
  • 2 cup milk
  • 1 pkg (4 Serving Size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
  • 1 1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip

Directions:

Crush vanilla wafers in food processor or zip lock baggy and rolling pin.

Pour milk into medium bowl add pudding mix beat with wire whisk until well mixed.

Let stand 5 minutes.

Stir in cool whip.

Gradually stir in 1 cup crushed wafers.

Top with remaining crushed wafers.

Make it fun by adding gummy worms, sharks, candy stars, or gummy sea shells.

By IMAQT1962

Does anyone have a recipe for frozen pudding pops?

Debra from Hampton, Tenn

Here are two ideas.

Frozen pudding Sandwiches

1 1/2 cups cold milk

1 4serving size instant pudding

1 envelope Dream whip

Pour milk into bowl. Add pudding and dream whip, beat slowly till blended. Increase speed and beat til soft peaks formed. (At this point you could use this as a frosting for a layer cake, too.) Spread abbout 1/2 inch thick onto 24 square graham crackers. Top with another 24, pressing lightly and smoothing around the edges with a spatula. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. (I think you could freeze these into pop moulds or small paper cups with a popsicle stick into each. )

Frozen Fudge Pops

1 Pkg, 4 serving size, Jell-o pudding and pie filling

1/4 cup of sugar

3 cups of milk.

combine ingredients in saucepan. cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes, stiffing twice. Pour into a shallow pan. Freeze unti ice crystals from around the edge, about 30 minutes. Beat until smooth, but not completely melted. Spoon into pop moulds. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Makes 7 pops.

These are both from The Pudding Idea Book.

Sounds good! I am going to try the one using instant pudding.

Is Dream whip still available? I have a number of recipes that call for it and can't find it in South California. I have been substituting Cool Whip (or store brand whipped topping and adjusting milk in recipes.

I just mix up instant pudding with milk and pour it into popsicle molds, then freeze. You can use any flavor of pudding: chocolate, vanilla, white chocolate, banana, pistachio, coconut creme, butterscotch, etc, for variety.