Pug Mix Photos

Category Dogs
Mixed breed dogs are always a surprise. Their appearance and personality are unique and often a blend of the different breeds in their heritage. This is a guide about Pug mix photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Buster is an almost 4 month old Pug mix (Pug and I don't know.) Rose, our female Pug had a surprise visit. He like to get the toilet paper and makes a real mess.

He really dislikes spicy food and believes he owns our daughter, always wants to be with her, won't do anything if she is not around. We keep saying it must be really great to be loved like that.

By Ladyward from Las Animas, CO

closeup

Comment Like this photo? 10

Bailee is 10 months old and a Pug mix. Bailee is a rescue dog from Arkansas. She had a three day ride to the East Coast. She came to us on July 3, 2010. She loves to play catch and loves to go for walks. She is still a puppy so she loves to play and get into trouble. She is a great dog. I am so happy I found her. She makes us laugh everyday!

By Mary

closeup of Pug's face

Comment Like this photo? 16

Bodhi is an 8 month old Pug mix. He was a rescue. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He loves going to the lake, the dog park, and the beach. He likes to go everywhere with me!

Bodhi also enjoys being a therapy dog at the nursing home I work at. He has the funniest personality and loves everyone, and everyone loves him! He is easy to get along with.

By Melanie B.

Pug wearing a harness

Comment Like this photo? 8

Your Pet's Age
Wednesday is 5 yrs old.

Your Pet's Breed
Pug/Wheaten Terrier

How and when did you get your pet?
I found Wednesday in a ditch as a puppy. She was there with some local dogs when I went shopping, and she was there, by herself, two hours later when I came home. I stopped and called to her, and she promptly ran to me. She was about 6 weeks old. I made sure that she was not a new dog to any of the neighbors, and upon discovering she was not, I took her home. She was, and is, the most precious little creature in the world. All dogs are special and unique, and deserve loving, caring homes where their unconditional love can be shared with people who truly love them.

We live in the country, and unfortunately many people abandon dogs and puppies out on country roads. I would like to believe this is caused by ignorance and not cruelty, but I'm sure it's a combination of the two. On the ignorant side, perhaps people believe that a dog can survive in the wild, but this is rarely if ever true. Cruelty is it's own subject and needs no explanation from me.

Wednesday has been a blessing beyond words to my family and friends, she is kind and funny and loyal, and everyone adores her. I thank the fool who left her for me, and I thank God for allowing me to find her, and entrusting her care to me. I can't imagine anyone loving her more than I do.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Wednesday loves to chase squirrels up trees (for hours), and loves to chase balls, though she has a 3/4" underbite that makes it a challenge! She's also a very "talkative" dog, but the funniest thing about her "barking" is that it isn't a bark at all- it's literally a "cock-a-doodle-dooooo", and the funniest thing you've ever heard in your life!

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
But one of my very favorite things about Wednesday is her complete love of kittens. Her love and kindness towards them is amazing to see. We rescue and find good homes for these abandoned animals, and occasionally kittens come along. Wednesday is thrilled when this happens. I will set up a temporary place for the kitten in a spare bathroom and once it is settled I will let Wednesday in to visit. Invariably she is excited and the kitten a bit wary, but Wednesday will lay down wagging her tail and patiently wait for the kitten to become use to her. Within 20 mins, they are the best of buddies and running up and down hall like they've known each other forever. Nothing warms my heart more, and if I had one wish for the world, it would be that people could learn the kindness and "humanity" of one special, precious, innocent dog.

Comment Like this photo? 5

Bug is a 5 year old half Boston/half Pug, that's why he's a Bug. My husband bought him for me when he was just a tiny puppy.

He loves to play with his green ball! Bug is the sweetest guy around. He loves everybody, and if he thinks anybody is hurting me (even though they're playing) he brings them a toy to distract them.

He's the reason my online name is Bugpugmom!

By Bugpugmom from FL

Comment Like this photo? Yes

By Bugpugmom from FL

Answers:

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

What a little sweet cutie! He's adorable - thanks for sharing! (04/24/2006)

By smcarney

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Bug is so sweet! I have a Boston but I want a Pug, too. I just hope I can take the stereophonic snoring! (04/24/2006)

By Kendy

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Hi, I have a little girl Bug about 13 weeks old. She is so much fun. Smart, funny, cute, playful.I look forward to coming home from work just to see her.
I want to train her; so far she will sit, down, high five, and come. How do I teach her to stay? (05/04/2006)

By Susan M.

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

How is the mix, Pug/Boston with cats? My friend owns a Pug and he is just brutal to the kitties. He does not hurt them, just constantly bothers them. He is just relentless! (05/05/2006)

By Jason.

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I have two Bugs and two Bostons (and two other dogs too). Come join the yahoo group for bugs! There are over 200 members and growing. Also, we have a web site for those who don't want to join www.thebugmug.com
check us out! (05/17/2006)

By wyobugmama

I have the most amazing bug website

check out Fidel's site

www.fidelthesmell.com/

it has an area of submission. come and submit your Bug terrier. I truly believe that this is one of the worlds greatest dogs, and I want the world to know it. (05/19/2006)

By Fidel

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I have a Bug - 2.5 years old. He is absolutely hilarious and the best dog you could imagine. He is a champ at fetch and has learned all kinds of tricks; a smart little guy. Very well disciplined. He is about 25 lbs though. We are looking for a little brother/sister for him, but we would like to find a puppy who is much smaller - about 10 lbs or lighter. If anyone knows where we could find one, please let me know - ideally, we'd like one within the next few weeks. Thanks.

almascots876 (at) hotmail.com (05/30/2006)

By Ryan

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I have this same dog, same age and everything! His name is Harley and he is the best dog I have ever owned in my life! I love this breed! (07/09/2007)

By Judy

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Don't you love em'!? I have a Bug too. Elvis is his name and what a sweet thing he is. We saw him at 6 weeks: a friend received as a gift. Couldn't keep him due to relationship breakup. So I inherited Elvis at 5 months. He's a little over a year now. Hope we see more of this breed. Very loving dogs! (09/04/2007)

By D.Cav

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

My Bug Layla can speak on command. I find her to be the smartest dog I' ve ever seen or owned. She has a great personality, great with kids, never growls or snaps. I ended up finding her at a rescue shelter in a town called Barkhamsted, Connecticut. The shelter owner had a massive male Pug, and a female Boston, and Layla was the last of the litter. I'm am so fortunate to have found her because she is the best animal ever! (09/19/2007)

By Chris E

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I have one and she is the cutest thing ever! You can check her and her brother out on their blog!!www.murphynorma.blogspot.com feel free to comment on there and let us know what you think! (11/14/2007)

By Mel

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Everyone who meets our Bugsy says "I want a Bug." He is the sweetest little love bug. Great with all people. Great with big dogs and small dogs. And loves to be fashionable! (01/11/2008)

By Bugsy's Mom

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I have a 2.5 yr old Bug named Bruce. He is the best dog in the world! He is so smart! Have had him since he was 8 weeks. He can do every trick you teach him. He is a guard dog definitely. He thinks he is a big dog, I'm sure! He weighs about 20 lbs and is the most loving dog I've ever seen. He is all about being on your lap or into everything your doing. He loves all other dogs. Everyone needs a Bug puppy! (02/24/2008)

By cosmogerl

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

My Bug is so smart. She just follows everything my minniejack does. (05/22/2008)

By christina

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

(06/05/2008)

By Nikki

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Best dog ever, my partner, my little Spring. I love him so much, he';s part of who I am.
Meet Meo..! (07/14/2008)

By

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

This is Lady. She's about a year and a 1/2 old. She's the best puppy ever. Bugs have such great personalities. (07/22/2008)

By Michelle.

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

We got Remus in June of 07 and we thought he was looking a little lonely. So in Jan of 08 we got Riley.

The pic below is Remus. (08/13/2008)

By Cheyenne Xavier Murdock Wayne

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Here's a pic of Riley. Remus and Riley are both brothers, but from different litters. (08/13/2008)

By Cheyenne Xavier Murdock Wayne

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I adopted a Bug named Bugsy in March, he is almost 3 now and is amazing! He is great with kids, barely pays attention to them but is incredibly hyper. I wasn't sure what to do with him when we first got him. We thought our Boxer was hyper, not even close! He is my little buddy and I recommend them to anyone who is on the fence. (10/22/2008)

By Jess

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Here is our sweet, playful Bug, Guido. He is the greatest dog I have ever owned. (11/18/2008)

By Robin

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

This is our "little monkey", Stella. She is a 7 month old Bug. My husband and I are basically obsessed with her. She is the most loving, cuddly and hilarious little doggie!
I found her at a local pet shop, that sells rescue cats and dogs. I think Bugs are something that finds you. After reading a lot of these posts, it seems to be a trend to accidentally find one. I hope that all of you (who are seeking) get your fantastic friend :0)
(11/28/2008)

By

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I have had my Bug for almost 2 years now. His name is Bugzy! I cannot express the friendship and love that this little dog has brought to my whole family!. He is extremely obedient, and quite smart. He has learned how to speak, jump, spin, stay, and sit with little to no training. Bugzy listens when he is asked to so fetch a toy or to sit in his bed, and his sweet little face smiles truly makes different expressions. All around- I couldn't have found a better match for my household and life.

(01/07/2009)

By Lisa :)

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I love my little Ike. I had to give him a "strong" name because when he was a pup he was such a whimp. He is definitely a one person dog, and i think we are both a little too obsessed with each other. At home he sleeps like a champ, and outside he plays catch like the best of them. Often times, when people see him they wonder what kind of dog he is.

He is very skiddish with people though, even people he has seen more than once. If he gets scared his hair will spike and he will bark to ward off people he doesn't feel comfortable with. Does anyone know how to overcome this? The vet said something definitely happened before i got him to create this type of response (01/20/2009)

By Angie

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

Angie, my little Lucy was the same way and I know for a fact she was not treated unkindly a single day of her life because I knew her (and her parents, both natural and human) since the day she was born. She would eventually warm up to people but the next time they came she was back to the stranger danger idea.

My little Penny barks and acts like she would like to eat you but if you hold your hand down (most people don't) she'll lick you and squirm all over.
I'd say just as much people contact as possible will be the best help. (01/20/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

We absolutely love our Bugs! Dante is almost 5 and Nikka is about 2. Its funny because they are so much alike, but so different at the same time.

Our dogs are also a little skiddish around certain people, but I think it's just the nature of the dogs (I know nothing happened to create the response). I have many friends with Bostons and they say the same thing. Overall, I recommend anyone get a Bug b/c they are smart, lovey, kid-friendly, and definitely loyal. (01/30/2009)

By Ashley

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

We got Bugsy when he was 6 weeks old, he was tiny. Bugsy is super hyper, loves to play, and he thinks he is an alpha dog no matter the size of the dog around. We love him, bugs is awesome! (02/12/2009)

By

Bug (Boston Terrier/Pug)

I know this new Boston Farm in Northern Kentucky. My Bodhi (Pug Mix) oversaw a job there and drove past it every day. My own precious Bug still sits vigil over me as she has done for four years, since I became chronically ill. She's my worry wart, and the mama dog to my twin Bostons (one I am keeping for my infirm grandmother). They make a lovely little "pack"! (06/28/2009)

By damaged05170