Puppy Won't Poop on Puppy Pads

I have a 14 week old Chi puppy and he will go pee on his potty pad, but for some reason he sneaks and will poop on the carpet by our door. I don't get why he's not pooping on his potty pad. How can I fix this?

By Alaysha B

I would suggest to stop using puppy pads. Once you take them away when the puppy grows older, you'll have a problem. It is better to house train the dog to go outside and pee and poop. I know small puppies have accidents in the home and that is why you should take them outside each hour to go to the toilet. Some puppies like to scratch and sniff around to find the perfect place to poop. This could be the problem with your dog. He doesn't like the smell of the pads and refuses to poop on them.

This will require some vigilance on your part. Once you see that he is getting into position, immediately move him to the spot you want him to go to. He will learn.