Putting Up Wallpaper

Our Trophy Park model trailer has wallpaper falling off and I see what looks like wood behind the wallpaper. Can I remove the rest of the wallpaper and put up new paper over the existing wood?

By Chris

I don't see why not. If the wallpaper is falling off, it should be easy to take it down. However, you should inquire at the store where you get the wallpaper for information about how to apply wallpaper over the wallboard in your home. Some types may have a waxy or oily finish that you need to deal with before you apply the wallpaper. I suspect the previous "decorators" didn't do this, and that is why the present wallpaper is falling off. I personally don't know what it is that you swab the wall down with, but perhaps someone else on this site will.