Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas

Ingredients

• 1 3oz can diced chicken breasts, drained
  • 1/4 cup medium or hot salsa
  • 4ea 8 inch flour tortillas
  • 1 cup Colby, Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (mix and match is fun ;-)
  • Ad

• Cooking spray
  • Sour cream and extra salsa for serving

Directions

Mix chicken and salsa in a small bowl. Layer two of the tortillas with 1/2 of the chicken mixture and 1/2 of the cheese. Top each with the remaining two tortillas.

Lightly spray the top of each quesadilla with cooking spray and lightly spray the skillet and lightly spray the skillet again for the subsequent quesadilla.

Cook each quesadilla uncovered over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Answers:

Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas

I posted on this as well. These are one of our favorite quick meals. Due to the fact that they can be meatless they can also work for our no meat night! (10/01/2008)

By Savings Assistant

Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas

I am glad you posted it, too, Savings Assistant :-) They are indeed yummy and quick :-)

I should have mentioned that I also love to add diced green chilies, sometimes diced Jalapenoes and even corn :-) I submitted when I was really tired though and didn't get detailed enough :-(

I have a Quesadilla maker that someone gave me but I like the flavor cooked in the skillet better :-)

What other things do you like to add? (10/02/2008)

By Ann