Rain-X Left Film on Windshield

I used Rain-X on the outside of my car windshield and now I have a film over it. How or what is the best way to get the film off? I can't see anything because it's filmy and glossy looking now.

By Lynn

We had that same problem last year and I used Greased Lightning to scrub the windshield several times. It finally got better.

Dumb me, I used Rain-X again about a month ago and had the same problem. I have scrubbed and scrubbed with Greased Lightning again. It is better but still has a little film on it. Not too bad driving in the rain during the day but at night, it's a problem when meeting traffic. We got some new windshield wipers also and that helped a little.

I have heard that you can clean the film off with lemon juice and newspaper. I'm going to try that instead of Rain-X.