Re-dyeing Hair

My hair is naturally a dark dirty blonde. I've been dyeing it natural blonde for the past 6 months using Loreal Preference hair color. However, I decided I wanted to try something new and change my hair to brown. I used a hair color remover to strip the overtones in my hair and then I dyed my hair with a medium ash brown hair dye (also Loreal Preference). However, now my hair is a dirty blonde with blue and grey tints to it. It doesn't look terrible, but it's not the color I was going for.

I was wondering if I could apply a semi-permanent dye over this color to get something darker, or if I need to wait and fully re-dye my hair in 4 weeks. My hair has been pretty resilient through all of the coloring I've done and I haven't really noticed much damage. If anything my hair is softer and more manageable after dyeing it.

The photos are what my hair looked like with the blonde dye and what it looks like now. The image where I'm wearing the blue shirt is the current color, but the photo made it look lighter than it actually is.

Is there a better way to get to brown from here?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

You could use a semi permanent dye. If you like it you can use a permanent dye in the same color in a month.

If you're using semi permanent, go right ahead. I had to change my hair colour in a rush after dying it bright and used this stuff:

http://www.hous … BDvoxoCW_Hw_wcB#

It was REALLY good.

The blue and grey tones came from you having used an ash color. These are the least stable colors of the tint. If you are not terribly unhappy with your color, you could wait a while to see just how much the blue and grey will fade.

If you choose to recolor your hair, you can do so now, whether you choose a permanent or semi permanent color. If you decide on a permanent color, choose a neutral brown (to avoid more drab tones), and select a shade at least one shade lighter than the shade you desire.

Above all, before applying any more color to your entire head, do a strand test first. You have been fortunate that your hair is still in good shape. Don't press your luck.