Re-hydrating Water Based Art Paint

Could anyone tell me how to soften water based paint in artist tubes please?

You can add a tiny bit of water IF the ACRYLIC paints are not fully dried up and you must stir a lot. IF they are, then it is best to toss them into the garbage as they will clump and be grainy to paint with. Apparently, it is the ingredient in water based paints that dries up and becomes almost plastic like and it's never the same. I keep my acrylic paints in an airtight popcorn tin when not in use. Another suggestion I read was to use a dropper to remove a little paint at a time from the bottle and reseal quickly and that any specks of dried paint around the cap can cause paint to dry up quicker. Keep them wiped off well for that reason.