Reattaching the Arm on a Reclining Sofa

Category Furniture
Sometimes, furniture can become disassembled during use. If an arm becomes detached, it can often be fixed although some damage may still show.

I like my leather recliner sofa. It's in good shape except for one arm that separated from the frame! The reclining mechanism continues to work. Can we repair this or does it needs professional help?

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like the underside material that is holding the arm in place is torn or ripped.

• You need a drill, screw driver bit, and extra long wood screws for your project.
  • Turn the couch over and secure the arm in place. Make sure you repair the material that is ripped or torn.
  • Advertisement

• Now place the extra long wood screws into the arm and attach to the wood frame of the couch.
  • You might need to use a few wood screws along the bottom and side of the arm to secure this and hold it in place.

The arm looks broken to me. You will need to have it fixed professionally.

Thanks, poehere. My husband says he has all that in garage...sounds like I know what we'll be doing this weekend :-) Appreciate the advice.

You might be able to DIY here is a video www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJBikr0R7ew

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureMay 12, 2020
🌻
😷
🐛
👔

Generated 2020-05-13 23:10:17 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️